Thursday, October 23, 2008

WE HAVE A BACK YARD....WHO KNEW?

Today our back yard went from this........

to this..... in about an hour. Who knew we had such a HUGH back yard????
Tomorrow they bring in the "dozer and flatten it out, drag out all the debris and then the fun begins....where do you start? The only thing I know for sure is that I want to put in a couple of grow boxes for vegetables ( I am, after all, a DeWitt aren't I???) Some fruit trees and a small bit of grass. We have NO GRASS on our entire lot....just lots of rocks, dirt and bugs. A little green would be a welcome change.
I tried to get my landlord to put in a pool but for some reason she thought that was a bit over the top......maybe a jacuzzi instead???
Happy birthday to my niece Jill...it's so RARE that I remember anyone's birthday, so, Jill, if you ever read this, you are special!!!!!
Also, a shout out to my friend Andy Clayton...tomorrow is his birthday. We have known each other for 35 years and are still friends... I think that is cool. Thanks to Facebook, My Space etc, it is now impossible to disappear....your past WILL eventually catch up to you! Hopefully, it is for a good reason.
I miss my kids today.
If I don't start working soon I will be certifiably crazy. But then, how would I know? Today I feel like that poem...roses are red violets are blue I'm schizopherenic and so am I. (sorry, don't know how to spell it).
Congrats to Ann and Adam. We need more babies in this family. Scott and Becky are due in three weeks. The Paul and Margie DeWitt family tree keeps on keepin on.
I've rambled on enough.
P.S. I don't want to vote this year.......I don't want to get blamed for anything that happens!!!!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Ahhhh....dirt. People have no appreciation for grass out here. They have no idea what its like to TRY to get it to grow. I even had someone ask me what I was talking about when I said I thought it was great that we don't have a sprinkler system for our lawn. Of course mowing is a pain!

Bec said...

We are finally venturing outside now that it is cooling off down here. I agree that soy ice-cream is just a dirty trick. Give me Cold Stone's Sweet Cream with peanut butter cup mix-ins any day. 3 weeks 'til baby! Hope you guys are doing well.

Dana G said...

Just leave the "house-that-Charlie-Built"!!!

Erin said...

Thanks for making me laugh (the schizophrenic thing)
We didn't get any monkey mail..what happened?

Auntie Ann said...

Your yard is looking great! Im want to do some vegetables in my yard too, not much of a gardner though!