Tuesday, October 14, 2008

CLORIS SHMORIS




Let me start out with a few random thoughts. No, that's NOT me dancing with Derek in the first picture (I can only wish) HA HA ....I LOVE DANCING WITH THE STARS.....it makes me want to dance again. That said, this year I want to throw up watching Cloris Leachman... everyone is making a big deal about the fact that she is so old. That's fine, it's better than being dead. However, the woman can not dance. Not at all. How she stays on the show is a huge mystery to me. Her costumes are designed to hide her support hose, vericose veins and SAS Brand shoes. I mean, come on...she's no Brooke Burke!

Next, I would like to admit publicly for the first time that I think Anderson Cooper is HOT!
Whew! I finally got that off my chest!!! Now, here are some more pictures and stuff.
I think this is cool. It was posted in Mom and Dad's honeymoon room...remember, there was a war going on at the time:
These are the last pictures that I took of Dad. He took the boys swimming at Vista Ridge. The bottom picture was taken the week before he died.
Sorry, but I put the last page first. This is a letter that Grandma DeWitt wrote to Grandma and Grandpa Johnson after Mom and Dad got married and Dad shipped out. Since I never knew my Grandmother, it was neat to get a sense of who they were.
Click on these pictures so that you can see them closer. One day Johnny Schopmann called Dad and asked him if he was related to Wilmirth and ER DeWitt. Johnny found their names carved into rocks at the Schopmann Ranch in House Rock Valley. This is along the honeymoon trail. Johnny drove Dad out to see them and took these pictures.

More pictures of Dad as a young man.
Major DeWitt
Wallace Johnson
E.R. DeWitt

The bottom pics are from when I ran into Mom and Dad AND Grandpa and Grama in the Blazer. Me and the boys
An old family photo....from Dana and Todd's wedding. The bottom photo is the first time I realized that Trace was all DeWitt and Kyle was all Stanford.
Dana and Paul.....Mom and Dana
Dad eating cake....Mom and Dad
Dad and Grandpa.....Mom in El Cajon
Dana in the pool.....Wallace and Winifred by the Christtmas tree (it probably had bubble lights on it!!! Don't you think so?)

Peggy and I swimming...we were about 2 years old!
Me and Dana

1 comment:

Holly said...

Good stuff! And who doesn't think Anderson Cooper is hot. Like I really watch CNN for the news-haha.