Okay, it may have been a touch harsh for me to say I hate Utah. There are some GREAT things about living in Santa Clara. Every year we have "SWISS DAYS" to celebrate our city's heritage. (we were founded by SWISS immigrants). Family is a HUGE deal here is Santa Clara, so getting a chance to celebrate the family is taken very seriously. The whole town is decked out in cows!! Here are a few examples:
The Mexican imports store:
(sorry about this one, I couldn't figure out how to rotate the image) THE KEN ENCE FAMILY:
My dad once told me that "if there aren't any cows in heaven I'm not going". Until the day he died he would get up and try to head out to milk the cows...or try to help Wallace and Jim milk theirs. This showed me what an importance he put on them.
This last is a photo of Dad, Wally and Rosemary. If you haven't heard about "Rosemary" ask Wally, Paul or Dana about her. Don't be surprised if they get a little misty-eyed...and don't let them leave out the part about "pass the Rosemary".
Just a note: I have literally HUNDREDS of photos of the family. It took me almost an hour to figure out how to scan this one in. When I learn the right way to do it, I will start scanning them in so everyone can have them. I miss my family...a lot.

2 comments:
Wally could never think about naming a daughter after my Mother!!!
What is with all the cows? I am so glad I found your blog on Jill's. Hope all is well!
Post a Comment