Just got back from Willy's funeral (my sister Peggy's husband). It was beauiful and very, very hard. We all assume that we have 80 years or so to accomplish whatever it is we have to accomplish...it is hard to realize that we have ABSOLUELY no control. I am thankful for what a loving, caring and devoted husband he was to my sister and such a great father to my AWESOME nieces and nephews. It was so cool to see Scott, Chris, Holly and Jill in a different light...no longer children, but mature, strong individuals with such strong spirits. Jill was so strong (and plays the piano so beautifully) and she, Scott and Chris just blew me away with the strength that they showed by being able to speak and even make us laugh a little. I am thankful too for their respective spouses...Scott and Chris have the most AMAZING wives...it has been a priviledge to get to know them better...I can see why the boys (see, there I go again...MEN) chose them. I wish Aric could have been there...but he stayed home to help AJ. I don't know many men (besides my own wonderful hubby) that would be so self sacrificing. Holly...you picked a winner too. I missed his sense of humor. I really love them all so much. I know that Peggy will be okay as will her extended family because of the amazing family structure they have.
We also got to spend two full days with Beth. (I'm STILL going to complain about having to sleep on the floor with the scorpions, though) We love her so much and are so glad that she is FINALLY feeling better. Oh yea...I'm sorry I had to beat her in PHASE 10 (haha)
I got to make bracelets with my Richardson nephews (Annie too, but she got bored and moved on!!) and we had so much fun....I thought only the girls would want them, but the boys were right there asking where theirs were. The Richardson clan is so AWESOME. I LOVE to be around any and all of them whenever I get the opportunity. I am so blessed to be even a small part of their family. I wish the DeWitts had the same closeness, but, I seem to be the only one that feels that void, so I am truly blessed that I get to be a Stanford/Richardson.
Trace's surgery got moved back to Thursday afternoon and he insists that he is too old to have his mother take him to the hospital and wait for him....I can't wait until my boys have kids and know the joys and pain of being a parent....maybe then they will understand me better.
No comments:
Post a Comment