After (he sleeps with his arm in the foam block..or should I say, tries to sleep)
In Pre-opThanks for your calls, thoughts and prayers. The doctor said everything went perfectly....I am so glad...anesthesia scares the hell outta me. In true Stanford fashion, he woke up and said "I feel f@*@ing great but I'm really hungry". He didn't want me there, so he's on his own now. It's hard to hear your "child" say "Mom, I'm a grown man, I can take care of myself." and realize that its true.
Today I finally was able to make it around the ENTIRE 2.5 mile course that I have been walking each day for the past six months. I won't go into details about why this is such a great accomplishment. Suffice it to say that to be able to walk any distance at all again is such a milestone for me. I would like to thank my friends "NIRVANA" "HOOBASTANK" AND "TOM PETTY" for giving me the muse to put one foot in front of the other....with authority!!! And, I would be remiss if I didn't thank "SUPERTRAMP" for writing "EVEN IN THE QUIETEST MOMENTS" the greatest album of all time. (if you have never heard this album RUN TO THE NEAREST STORE and buy it) .... This is what I listen to on my IPOD for the last half mile and it calms me down and makes me feel that there is hope in life after all!!! I'm hoping it won't be too much longer until I can walk the longer course (4.5 miles) and start losing more weight!!! (my life long battle against heredity)
Here's my weird, random thought of the week. Bethany is due to have baby IVY at any minute and Shelly is due to have baby Ryan at any minute. Are these two spirits in the same "waiting room"? Do they know each other? They will both have the same Aunt and Uncle (Tracy and I)... Maybe they can go to the PROM in 16 or so years. (sorry, that's just how my mind works)

No comments:
Post a Comment