Monday, January 26, 2009

WHEW!


Kyle showed up Saturday afternoon to surprise me. It was so awesome to see him. He came with four of his friends....just for a few hours. They headed back later than I am comfortable with, but, everyone knows that I am an overly protective worry wart when it comes to my boys.

His friend Carson kept me posted as to how their trip back was going. Unfortunately, a BIG storm moved in just as they left. They thought about holding up in Cedar, but, Kyle didn't want to take a chance on losing his job by not being there Monday morning, so, they pressed on. I was getting really worried when I didn't hear anything from the kids. Finally, at 2am Carson texted me that they were almost in Fillmore. At 3:30 he sent a text that they were just passing Nephi...this trip was already taking about 8 hours and it should take between 3 and 4. I dozed off for a few minutes and the phone rang. It was Kyle. He had hit a pot hole, then hit black ice, flew across the median, into the southbound traffic (lucily, no one was heading south at the time) turned a few 180's, headed back across the median and then ended up on the side of the road facing North...Everyone was safe (I guess me nagging about wearing seat belts has FINALLY paid off). I cried and prayed and all the other things you can imagine. Luckily, a snow plow happened to drive by, saw the situation and stopped to pull his car back on the road. He made it home...safe, scared and, most of all alive and unharmed (after eleven hours!!!). We get the verdict on the car tomorrow...although Kyle swears that he is NEVER, EVER going to drive again.

Perception is a funny thing. I thought that I had had a really bad week. I was really in deep with the "why me?" attitude. ( I even accidentally backed into a fire hydrant) BUT...I can do without new clothes, I can deal with back trouble, I can deal with unemployment, depression, anxiety attacks, dents in the bumper, doctor bills, cranky husbands, anything you want to throw at me. My son and his friends are alive and well. God is good to me.

2 comments:

Dana G said...

How scary! I bet he doesn't do that again!!! And, by the way, I LOVE my little blue friends--could possibly be my new BFF!!

Erin said...

So glad they're ok! Too scary!