Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just some random thoughts...today I was driving home from the store and the clouds were so pretty... I got home too late to capture them in all their glory, but here is what I was able to capture.
This is my landlord Vella and her caretaker out for a stroll
Okay, I have alluded to the fact that we are going on a cruise. I am really excited, but it kind of feels like my husband works for Lehman Brothers or one of those companies.....we are going on this amazing cruise and the company is cutting wages. I'm sure that makes sense somewhere in someone's mind, but I would rather not go and keep wages where they are. How we get a cruise is a VERY complicated process. The company has contests for three months. The top earners that meet their goals in each district get to go on a trip. This year it is a 4 day caribbean cruise to Cozumel. Tracy's district was in the top districts, so he gets a trip and can take me along. I swear, I am grateful...it's totally awesome, but the company could cut costs and send us all to Disneyland for two days or San Diego and we would be just as happy. It doesn't make any sense to me, but I am REALLY EXCITED about it all. Or, I should say, I am REALLY SCARED, but excited. A total of TEN HOURS on planes, going to strange cities, and then I found out that we are staying on the SEVENTH DECK!!!! Who knew that there were SEVEN DECKS!!! (maybe more, for all I know). To date the biggest boat I have ever been on is the Rouche's "yacht"...and, if memory serves me correct, it sunk and nearly killed my parents!!! That said, here is out itinerary: First night: Tampa! We fly in on Wednesday the 25th. We have to go a day early because we live so far away! Darn...an extra day of sun.
We board the ship on Thursday the 26th and head to Key West. Wow!
The next day we "island hop" and then end up in Cozumel....if I don't get to see a dolphin, I am going to be ticked!!! And I want a drink with an umbrella in it!
This is our ship...The Grandeur of The Sea. It is so pretty. I am very blessed to have this opportunity, so, please forgive me if it's all I can talk, write, blog about for the next four weeks. We get back home on Tuesday...I have NEVER been on vacation for six days. I'm excited to see how it feels. We are already working on out tans!!!

2 comments:

Dana G said...

You will have so much fun. Just sit back and let everyone wait on you and EAT, EAT, EAT!!!

Erin said...

I second Dana. The best part about it is the food. Don't forget to play bingo (do you know my bingo story?)