Peggy called yesterday just when I needed someone to talk to. Thanks Peggy. You have been there for me since the day I was born. And I appreciate it. I wish this new year will bring you much happiness and most of all peace of mind, peace in your heart and peace in your family. I love you.
Today I got my back injected. Thankfully Tracy was able to take the day off. He is a great husband and I am lucky to have him. I am SO VERY GLAD that I let the doctor give me a sedative. Usually I just tough it out and don't use the sedative, but, for some unknown reason, I said....why not? Well, when he injected "the site" he hit the neve in my spinal column...I was praying for death! Pain is not a strong enough word to describe what I felt. If I hadn't had the sedative I don't know how I would have gotten through it. WOW! A needle this long * ................................................ *
in my spine....it's a weird thing to realize that I let someone do that. Hopefully it will make it possible to function better. I go back in three weeks (what the HELL am I thinking???) to let him do it again so that, hopefully, I will be able to enjoy the cruise at the end of February. It would be AWFUL to win a free cruise and spend it in bed!!!! If I don't get to see a dolphin or a whale I am going to be royally pissed! (no pun intended since we are gong on a Royal Caribbean Cruise!)
We went to see Gran Torino today. Clint Eastwood was AMAZING. It was a great movie...I cried through most of it. Probably more due to the drugs than the movie, but it was very good (bad language throughout, though). For some strange reason Clint Eastwood reminds me of Dad. I have been missing "my daddy"so much lately for no particular reason. Some days I just do. I guess I just need a hug.
We are doing great. We really LOVE our little apartment. It stays warm, so we don't have to run the heater day and night. We have a bald eagle that lives in the tree right outside our "lanai" door....how cool is that? The fruit stand is a block away, church is right across the street and it feels like home. Blessed. Sometimes it IS true that size doesn't matter.
Beth called to say she reads this every day. So, mom, I just want you to know how much I love you. I have truly been blessed to have you as a mother, friend, confidant, conscience, example, grandmother to my children, competetive PHASE TEN player and just someone to be there for me and my family. Be in good health and know that we are doing well and miss seeing you more often.
Ann, have a great trip to Hawaii. I wish I could curl up in your suitcase and see what your are going to see! Don't worry about the flight...you are carrying the future within you and that future needs to be here, so you will be protected...I promise. Please let me know what color blanket I am making for peanut...I can go with the standard blue (for boys) or white (for the blessing) or a color to match your decor.... just let me know. I love you!
I will stop rambling now. May the Lord bless and keep all of you.
3 comments:
You won a free cruise? In the words of Napoleon Dynamite, "lucky." How the heck did you do that?
Why oh why didn't you call me? I called you in my moment!!! Sorry.
Love you.
sounds AWFUL!
I hope you have some relief with those injections.
I love you.
Post a Comment