Thursday, January 15, 2009

HOME SWEET HOME!!!

I haven't had internet access until this week...you don't realize how much you miss it until it's gone!!! I had to call three different providers before I found one that could get us a signal!!!
Here are some pictures from Christmas. What an amazing time we all had...just spending time together, playing games, wrestling (the boys and Tracy, not me). It was such a wonderful time! I love my boys:
Tracy and Kyle playing poker
Trace and Kyle looking at all the junk in their stockings
The Stanford men in their hoodies
My handsome sons
We moved the week after Christmas. We were truly blessed to find a really cheap (inexpensive) place here in Santa Clara. It is a 2 bedroom one bathroom apartment (so, you can come stay....if anyone wants to, that is!) Here is our kitchen:
Tracy jokes that our living room is so small that it makes out television look HUGE now! He thinks a plasma tv would fit better!!! Hopefully some day we can get one!
We jokingly call this "the lanai" Our cars won't fit 'cuz its so narrow! I love the "white trash" feel of the place!
This is the front....it is a duplex. We have never met the neighbors...they aren't too friendly...their loss!
Tracy's work has had MAJOR cut backs. Luckily he keeps his job... just had to take a cut in pay. That's why this little slice of heaven we call home has been a blessing! The timing couldn't have been better. We laugh about it being so small...we call the entry way "the foyer". The laundry room is now "the alcove"... we added a curved shower curtain holder so that taking a shower is now a little less claustrophobic. I took down the tacky curtains and put up new ones that I made. For some reason that made me feel lots better! The best part of our new digs is that this duplex is so old we don't have to worry about doing any damage to the place!!! We are healthy and happy and just glad to have a roof over our heads! May you all be blessed in this coming year. Let us hear from you once in a while.

2 comments:

Auntie Ann said...

Looks like a great christmas!!! So glad everyone is doing well. We would love a blankie from aunt Patsy!!!

Mary said...

I'm sorry to hear about the cut backs. It sounds like you are trying to stay positive. We love you.