Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 YEARS AGO


I can't believe how fast 25 years goes by. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband, best friend, confessor, amazing father and friend to our boys, chiropractor, therapist, fashion guru, breadwinner and romantic!!! Here's what I found on the mirror when I woke up!!! Love you too!!
Most of you don't know how rocky of a start we had when we got married...our honeymoon was a disaster!!! (no, not for THAT reason) We had paid for our room at a brand new hotel in Mesa and had the key in hand. When the reception was over and we went to our room there was another couple staying in our room...they had double booked the room!!! We looked EVERYWHERE to find a place to stay...ended up in a dive that, in hind sight, was probably rented by the hour. All that I remember was that they had PLASTIC UNDER THE SHEETS and a high school band was staying there...ICK! Needless to say, we won't be going back there again! Plus, the motel wouldn't give us our money back!! Can you imagine? My poor husband even suggested that we stay in Russ and Sheila's camper....he will never make that mistake again! LOL! Guess we won't be reliving that particular memory again!!! You just gotta laugh!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
I hope you can do something fun to celebrate.
We love you.

Dana G said...

It was is a good memory, with Beth, Carson, and Aunt Helen all there! Can't believe it's been 25 yrs. Hope you get 25 more!
love you!