Here is my quarterly update!!! (I'm sure you are all breathless with excitement)
Tracy and I are leaving next week for Cancun, Mexico. This is the fifth trip that Tracy has been awarded from ALSCO for being one of the top District Managers in the company. I am SO proud of him. From Mexico we are flying to Costa Rica. Tracy is having a total knee replacement there. All total we will be gone 2-3 weeks. I have never been away from home that long. The reason for having the surgery in Costa Rica is pretty simple...the cost to do the surgery here in St. George was approx. $54,000. Our co-pay would have been about $10,000. The surgery will cost approx. $29,000 in Costa Rica. The doctor is well qualified, has all the certifications, awards and accredidations of our doctor here in Utah (we have done a LOT of research on him) and the hospital has a LOWER rate of post surgery infections and complications than the hospital here in St. George. Our insurance company is paying to fly us (1st class!!!) and for the hotel because it is so much more cost effective. Add to that Tracy is being given a stipend to cover our co-pays and our expenses while there. How can we NOT go? His surgery is scheduled for March 1st. Please keep him in your prayers. We are taking our computer, so, I will be able to keep everyone that cares updated.
Trace is still on track to graduate on May 4th. I think he is more excited about finally being able to quit his job than about graduating! He is going to travel for a month or so after graduation and then....who knows??
Kyle is just enjoying being young and single. He lives every day to its fullest.
I hope that you are all doing well.
3 comments:
Good luck with the trip! We will be thinking about you. :)
Costa Rica. Doesn't that tell us something about our health care system? Go Mitt Romney! Good luck Tracy and it's okay to cry if it hurts.
I hope Tracy is doing well and that you are enjoying Costa Rica! Love you.
Post a Comment