Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Oh Son.....

Any parent knows that a phone call at 4:00 am is never good news. You never get a call at that time that says "hey...we just won the lottery!!" or "I just got accepted to Harvard" (you get the idea) at that time of the morning. Kyle's car got "jacked" last night while he was at work. It's surreal. Stuff like that only happens on Law and Order.... am I right or am I right? The Salt Lake Police Department was too busy with "real" crimes, so they called Kyle on his cell to give him a case number and to tell him "good luck kid". Wow! Where is the love???? Fast forward 5 hours and the car is found...completely stripped. They even spray painted the car.... evidently to make it harder to identify. Now the fun begins...waiting for the insurance company to do its thing. And, as anyone who has ever had the pleasure of dealing with a big insurance company (State Farm) will tell you.... you're gonna get screwed. Period. My guess is that we will be lucky if we only end up making payments for another year or so on a car that no longer exists.
This morning I feel like life just keeps handing me lemons and I am sick to death of lemonade! As a matter of fact, there is a lemonade stand down the street and I think I am gonna go blow it up today. Now THAT would make me feel a little satisfaction.
Hope your day is going better. I've just about had enough.

4 comments:

jgirl said...

okay that just about sucks!! okay..so it really sucks! poor Kyle and you for that matter...hope State Farm steps it up and does it's thing (you know what you pay for insurance to do, whatever...) I wish you better luck if that helps at all...

Jill Elizabeth said...

At least they found his car. My dad's truck was stolen like 4 years ago and when he called the police he was told, and I quote: "Oh, that's too bad."

It happens so often here that the cops have given up.

Never did see the thing again.

Dana G said...

Like Margie used to say, "when it rains, it pours"

Mary said...

not a good thing...

I know it's really annoying when you tell someone something and that person has to then tell you their terrible, awful, no good experience...but just for fun, here goes. I've had two cars stolen. One my brand new, (2 mos. old), gift to myself after graduating and one not so great.
But it is traumatic and I'm sorry you have to deal with this miserable situation.
See you soon!