Monday, August 3, 2009

Just for Holly

I have nothing to say, but, Holly says we don't blog enough so here is my blog about nothing.... I went on three job interviews today. I would just die if I got the job as the middle school secretary. How awesome would that be? Bossing around 500 hormonal teenagers...I could really find some fun ways to mess with their heads. The second was at a local motel. It's a Best Western, so, I could stay places cheap...if I could ever get a day off. The third was at Maverik. Okay, not my dream job, but I gotta work, so, at this point I will take anything.
Had a nice visit with Trace and Kyle this weekend. They are doing just fine. Tried to get Amy and Ann to meet us for lunch with their families, but couldn't get them to respond!!!! Too bad, I would have loved to see everyone.
Getting new neighbors. Thank goodness. The two girls that lived there for the last six months were, apparently, deaf and/or afraid of the dark. They left their tv on all night long...very loud. Plus, they left the fan on in the bathroom. Now, this apartment is not of the "high class" variety. In fact, it's kinda a dive, so the walls are thin. That makes a tv blaring 24/7 just about the most obnoxious thing ever. Plus, if I am in the shower and they flush the toilet, I get scalded!! Come on, how am I supposed to look out for that one??? Plus...they are door slammers. When they leave the house they slam the doors so hard the pictures fall off the walls...really. Glad they're gone. Now I get to hold my breath until the new neighbors move in. With my luck it will be a couple of 18 year old boys in a metal band that like to practice till all hours (we're old now, so bed time is 9:00 pm).
Poor Tracy. He had to go to the Grand Canyon today to do an audit (that's where they count EVERY sheet, towel, napkin tablecloth etc) He went to work at 3:30 am to meet Mike, the route man and they headed out....only to get half way there and find out that there is a fire and the roads are closed. They are driving in an 18 wheeler....had to turn around and go to though Page...Marble Canyon etc. Took them about 7 hours just to get there!!! He's not loving his job so much today. Now, they have to spend about 6-8 hours counting the linen (both clean and dirty) and then turn around and make the long drive back. Gotta love fire season in Utah.
Nothing much else to report. Please pray that I will get a decent job that I can keep!!! I am so tired of the battle just to survive. Thanks to everyone for the advice. School just isn't an option right now. Wish things were such that I could go get all edu-ma-cated but, financially, it's impossible. Maybe I should start playing the lottery!!! You can't win if you don't play.
Guess I will get to see some of you on the 14th. Dan's wedding reception is across the street from our apartment....I can see it from my kitchen window. It will be nice to feel like I have some family around me for a change. Everyone here in Santa Clara is related to everyone else and it gets quite lonely.
Have a great day and know that I'm thinking of you all.

3 comments:

Dana G said...

The job interviews sound good. Keep it up. Maverik would be a no-brainer, leave it at work kind of job! And just think of all the interesting people you would meet. Maybe even get a discount on Diet Coke!

Holly said...

Hey!!! It's great to hear what you're up to, even if its not alway good. I hope the job situation turns out well. We'll pray for a quiet, little old lady to move in next to you, too :) And be thankful you have a chance to see family even every once in a while. I'm way out of touch out here (hence my love of blogs and facebook!). Love you!

jgirl said...

Patsy where on earth do you live in Santa Clara? I will be living in Santa Clara this fall, we just bought a house there!=0) Listen to your sister, you get to drink all the Diet Coke you want out of the fountain while you are working...although that may me one of the only perks...it is totally no-brainer job! I would be glad to just have someone else there with half a brain! Ha! It pays decent for what it is...I for one only still work there because it is flexible and I can do it with my eyes closed!=0) almost 6 years later I long for my kids to grow up some more so, I can get me edumactaed myself!=0) fingers crossed for the middle school secretary job, you'd be great!=0)