Okay, so maybe I had a bad day today. I can admit it. It sucked. I went to work at 10 am and....no customers. So, I stood around for FIVE HOURS and sold $130.00 in food...Do the math. On a really good day that's $19.00 in tips, divided by five hours...I was making LESS THAN FIVE BUCKS AN HOUR. And I was kinda, really, intensley bored and grouchy, cuz, why the heck am I standing around when I could be doing something, reading a book, cleaning my house...what ever. You know. Stuff. So, after FIVE HOURS of this, the fellow server that I like the very least of them all (my mama told me to never say I hate someone) you know her, fake boobs, bleach blonde, flirts with the boss...come on, you KNOW WHO I MEAN....she comes up to me and says "will you help me sing Happy Birthday?" I hate having to sing to strangers. Heck, I hate having to sing for people I know, but, I digress. So, I say, "let's do this and get it over with". She says with a really annoying whine "but we need more people" (I even think she was kinda perky about the whole singing thing which ticked me off even more). So I got more people, we went out to the table and, as is the custom with bored, overworked waitstaff, we start singing (keep in mind it was only me, the chick I hate ...oops, dislike and my friend Wendy) We go "Happpy birthday to you....and this chick STOPS US and says to the little boy at the table, "we are all gonna sing happy birthday to your mommy now!!!!) HELLO~!!!!!! We were half way through!!!! So, we start over....and then, back in the kitchen she comes up to me and puts her face in my personal space and says...."Don't you EVER ruin my moment when I have a birthday at my table" What? Are you kidding me? I told her to get outta my face. But no, she continued "I can see that you are cranky today but IT'S MY TABLE!" So, not as nice as the first time, I say " Then don't ask me to sing if you don't like the way I do it...and please get outta my face." ( maybe I didn't say the "please" part.) She continues to rant and, for a THIRD time I tell her to GET OUTTA MY FACE. And, what does blondie do? She continues on.....so, of course, I do the mature thing, say "go screw yourself" and walk away. Come on...she made me do it right? Okay. Bad decision making on my part. Then, she went to the manager and "tattled" on me!!!! OH NO!!!! What is this? Sixth grade? So, at the end of the day Dave, the manager called me into the office, asked me what happened, I told him and he started to laugh when I said..." well, I warned her three times!!!" He then told me it was inappropriate, I agreed and promised never to do it again....and you wonder why I don't just LOVE my job! LET THIS BE A WARNING TO YOU CHILDREN...STAY IN COLLEGE.
I love you all. Miss you all. Miss Michael Jackson now that he is gone although, I didn't really give him much thought before he died and now I am OBSESSED with what will happen to little Prince Michael, Paris Michael and Blanket Michael. Sad to say good bye to Walter Cronkite. Wish I could play with, smell, hug, squeeze all of the new babies!!! Miss my boys. My back hurts like you wouldn't believe. Can't wait for the new season of DEXTER to start and sick of the heat. So how are you?
6 comments:
I can sooo see you doing that Patsy! I do not blame you in the least and I sooo totally would have done the same thing! Nothing worse than brainless co-workers invading your personal space...I should know I have several myself...=0/
I've been sick and I think I'm still doing better than you...poor thing!
GET A NEW JOB! You are talented and experienced...there has to be something better for you out there!
Okay, call me crazy, but you have a gift for writing. Get in school and do something with it. I know it is only a blog but not everyone (including myself) can put words down and actually make it interesting and fun to read. Don't waste your talent. I am serious. Who knows maybe you will be the next Erma Bombeck! Sheila
OK, so I don't think you really said, "screw yourself"...perhaps a bit more along the lines of popular culture vernacular...? yeah, i know you. I'm with Sheila, go to school and in a few months you could be doing something you enjoy! i sound like a commercial. same ole same ole here. going to PHX in one week for test results. let's pray they find something that can put me out of my misery. the doc is all for switching to the armour thyroid when everything is settled! good call. love you
Im rolling at this post. Im sure it was awful at the time but the way you told it made me laugh! You do need to find a new job. Next time you are in town you need to come meet our Jude...
You are the most talented crochet-er I have ever seen. You make the most beautiful blankets. The one for Ruby is gorgeous and so soft. Have you ever thought of selling them on etsy.com?
We are flying to Utah in October, but would love to see you if you come up...
Post a Comment