Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What's the difference between a Porsche and a porcupine?

You know how one day your in Key West and the next day your back at the old grind? Ok, maybe I've been back more like a week, but I'm definitley back. So today, I find myself headed to Taco Bell for lunch because its cheap and its delicious and I just needed to get out of the office. As I'm driving down the blvd. I see this Porsche but it's not quite registering what I'm seeing. Why is this car parked in the middle of the road? Then, as I got closer, I get it. He's not parked, he's stuck, straddling the median! My mind races, why is he there of all places? How did he get there? Is the line at Taco Bell going to be long? Why is nobody stopping to mock him? As all of these questions race through my mind, it dawns on me that the reason no one is mocking him is because that was my job and I was just getting there. As I pass by I realize this is one of those very special moments in the life for a guy like me. The guy is out of the car by now and his lady friend is still in the car with her face buried in her hands. OH MY GOSH, SO VERY SPECIAL! As expected, I flip a..... u turn and head back. Now he's back in the car, trying to get it to move. You can see in the pic that the guy in the truck beat me there, I'm sure he was trying to help him, you know, umm, I WAS going to help but he beat me to it, and blocked me from a great pic. Lucky for Mr. Porsche, I look in my rear view mirror and theres no one behind me, so I stop, stick my phone out the window, and BAM! I'm having a great day.
I don't have a bunch of money, and I'm no genius, but I've learned to work with what I've got. And I'm doing OK. I wish you could have seen the look on Mr. Porsche's face. Absolutely adorable. He had the same look on his face that I would have if I had cut the top of someones head and was trying to do brain surgery. I'll bet I could figure it out.
Ok I know you want to know. Yes, he got it off the median. There were some squealing tires and I'm sure some precious words. Now, if you haven't heard the old joke "Whats the difference between a Porsche and a pocupine?" call me I'll finish it for you.
Posted by Tracy (my first post)

No comments: