So, I went in for "routine" shoulder surgery on the 15th. Saw the doctor for my follow up today...here's what I know: When he opened up the "bursa" my entire shoulder "blew up" and started swelling uncontrollably. To keep the blood flow to my arm the dr. had to remove about 1.5 inches of my clavicle...which stopped the swelling but hurts like h-e- double hockey sticks! I am in physical therapy 5 days a week and hopefully, next week I can go back to work! Today the therapist sent me home with a TEMS machine...it's awesome..it sends a shock to the muscles at regular intervals and keeps the pain down...love it! I have used one before, when my back was bad, now, I am hooked up 24/7 and can control the power that it jolts with me. It feels like a constant massage. Hopefully I will sleep now and be able to heal a little quicker.
Through all of this my hubby has been a true hero. Fixing dinner, cleaning up and, every day, making sure that my every need has been met. How did I get so lucky?
Hope all is well with you all. It has rained for a week straight here and I have really enjoyed it, but, enough is enough.
3 comments:
That sounds horrible! Rest up and I hope you heal better soon.
Oh, Yuck. I hope it will all be worth it and you can go on your crusie and have a BLAST!!
I hope you heal well, those shoulders can be tricky.
love you
Post a Comment